Helpful Hints

Dog Fouling

Problems with dog fouling can be reported to the district Dog Warden at Stratford District Council on 01789 260839. Where mess is being left in high footfall areas, alert the Town Clerk

How do I get an allotment?

We operate a waiting list for allotments. Call or email Emily Booth via to have an informal chat about how the system works and have your name added to the waiting list.

Cemetery queries, including funerals and installation of memorials

Contact the Town Clerk who will discuss your individual requirements and give appropriate advice.

My neighbour’s hedge/tree is causing an obstruction

Report the details to the Clerk’s office. The Town Clerk will write to the householder, with a warning that WCC Highways may issue a compliance order. Further action may be taken if the problem is not rectified.

Finding lost property

All lost property should be taken to the Library on Church Street.

How can I access the local police?

In an emergency dial 999. If you would like to speak to an officer or report an incident, telephone 101 or Warwickshire Police switchboard on 01926 415000 where call handlers can help direct your enquiry to the right place. The Shipston Safer Neighbourhood Team officers are PC 1508 Sid Hammond, PCSO 6362 Ben Cole and PCSO 8520 Jen Read.

Advice on snow clearing, flood preparation, grass cutting and other seasonal issues

The Clerk’s office holds details of all the emergency planning and snow clearing services. Please contact the Town Clerk for specific advice. General advice will be given out on the council’s twitter and Facebook pages in the event of a weather warning.

Non delivery of Forum

COVID UPDATE: The Shipston Forum is available to view here and paper copies can be collected from either of the Co-Op shops, Taste of The Country, Turners and the Post Office. If you are shielding and would like a copy delivered, please contact the office on 01608 662180 or email Emily Booth

Complaints about grounds maintenance work

Please report your concerns to the Clerk’s office. Complaints or issues will be dealt with as soon as possible. In some cases the concerns are about housing association open space, tenants should contact their landlord directly.

Highways Headaches

For all streetlighting, potholes, drains and illuminated sign queries, visit and select “Report it”. Alternatively, visit

Council Tax - Making Payments

To make payments to other authorities, including paying your Council Tax, contact Stratford District Council on 01789 267575. Residents can also use the Stratford District Council Customer Access Terminal (CAT) at New Clark House, Tuesday to Friday, 9am – 1pm.

Rubbish collection

For all rubbish collection queries, contact Stratford District Council on 01789 267575 or visit The Shipston Household Waste Recycling Centre is managed by Warwickshire County Council and is currently accepting waste BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. For opening hours and booking a visit go to

Signage Queries

Complaints about missing / obscured / damaged signage should be referred to Streetscene at Stratford District Council. Please contact Jennifer Wharton or Angela Lloyd on 01789 267575 for road name signs.

To report problems with traffic and direction signs, visit and click on the “Report it” section.